Zoning Board of Appeals
The Franklin Township Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) is a five-member appointed board that may consist of one Township Board member who serves their term on the ZBA concurrently with their Township Board term and four residents of the Township who serve staggered three year terms. The ZBA's responsibilities are:
- Hearing requests for variances from the non-use requirements of the Zoning Ordinance
and granting such variances where practical difficulties exist.
- Conducting appeals of administrative actions made in carrying out or enforcing any
- Hearing and deciding requests for interpretation of the Ordinance.
All Zoning Board of Appeals meetings are only scheduled once an application and required information is submitted and approved. The meetings are held at the Township Office at the scheduled date and time. Click here to view ZBA members.
All submittals must include the following:
- Application Form - completed in it's entirety, MUST be signed by all persons with ownership
interest in the subject property.
- Legal description of the subject property.
- A completed site plan submitted and reviewed for completeness prior to meeting scheduling.
- Appropriate fee as determined by the Fee Schedule.