The Building Department's primary duties include the review of construction plans and documents, the issuance of building and electrical permits and the inspection of new and renovated structures for compliance with applicable codes and standards. It maintains permit and plan records and is available to help you through the process and answer any questions.
Residents please note...
If you are thinking of renovating, remodeling or building a new home or accessory structure you may need to obtain approval from your subdivision association or review your deed for restrictions. These restrictions are enforced by the associations or privately by area property owners.
In consideration, review and planning of your proposed project please use and reference the following documents:
Effective Code & Design Info Work Requiring Building Permit Building Permit Application
General Permit Information Required Inspections Building Permit Fee Schedule
Building Official & Zoning Administrator - Bruce Nickel
- Registered Building Official email: email@example.com
- Registered Building Inspector Home office: (517) 467-7874
- Registered Plan Reviewer Twp. office: (517) 431-2320
- Licensed Residential Builder Twp. Fax: (517) 431-2720
Electrical Inspector - Richard Curtis
- Registered Electrical Inspector email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (517) 263-3911